Saturday, September 28, 2013

New Fabric!

Friday was my time to get away and just enjoy the day.   There is this lovely town, Franklin Ky., that's about an hour away.  I knew the quilt shop there was closing so I decided to make one final trip to see what was still available.  Everything was on sale at 50% off.  How could I resist picking up these.

My sole purpose for this purchase was to make 3 new quilts from a BQ2 Pattern from Maple Island Quilts.  You use the floral print for the 12" center and use coordinating solids for side and bottom strips.  I loved the way that the pattern went together so quickly and fit our bed with enough drape on both sides.  The only thing is I don't have the quilt any longer, I gave it to our daughter Amanda but hey, that gave me a chance to buy more fabric.

As I was walking through the shop I also found this.


I have been working on Sylvia's Bridal Sampler, off and on, for two years now and it's all in 40's fabrics.  I have 21 of 140 traditional blocks complete, but I have joined a group that gives a weekly challenge to everyone.  It helps a lot to know others are working on the same thing and you get to see all of the different fabrics that each one is using.



Here are the last two blocks I complete this week so new fabric will go a long way to help me complete my task.
Thanks for stopping by and I wish you all a wonderful weekend.  If you leave a comment please include an email address so I can reply.  I can't accept anonymous comments.

2 comments:

Melody said...

Fabulous blocks and great fabric buys.

desertskyquilts said...

Wonderful fabrics! You must not be that far from me. I'm in E. TN