Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Sewing and Embroidery

Today has been a fun day for me.  I have been in my cottage just busy as a bee.  I made these two Communion cloths for the church.

I purchased a set of 8 napkins at Sam's Club.  They are 20" x 20" and will be used to cover the bread plate.  I now have enough new designs to go along with my old ones to complete the set of napkins.

I found the designs at Windstar Embroidery.  They have a lot of Religious designs that stitch out beautifully.

While the embroidery machine was at work, I was at the sewing machine working on my Orca Bay quilt.  I am still on step 3 which is string blocks, but hey, moving along slow and steady is ok with me.


Now I have a total of 14 completed with only 40 left to do.  I thought these string blocks would be boring for me, but actually I enjoy working on them.  It's a process that you don't really have to think about.  Just pull a strip and stitch it on.  I hope your day was filled with some fun.

No comments: