Thursday, September 19, 2013

Turning 60

This past Saturday, the 14th was my birthday.  I have always said birthdays are just another day but when you turn 60, it seems a little different.  My daughter, Amanda, was determined not to let me spend the day and evening alone.  Ricky had a prior music event scheduled at the assisted living center for that night and could not break it.  Actually, I would not have wanted him to.  Those people at the center look forward to the music and company from Ricky and the guys that play with him.

So Amanda told me she was taking me to dinner.  Normally we pick a place and a time and go.  Not this time.  All she said was we have to be somewhere by 6:00 pm. 

From my previous post you can read that we spent the day at the art festival.  But before we got there Amanda said we have to make a stop.  She took me to Sweet and Sassy Bakery.  Before we went in, she said we are going in here and I want you to pick out a cake that will serve about 10.  Now my curiosity is peaked but I did what she ask.

It just happened that they had this cake ready and the customer that ordered it didn't want it.  Hey, it already had Happy Birthday written on it and it was Strawberry with Cream Cheese Icing.  Who wouldn't want that!!!!  So she got the cake, put it in the trunk and off we go to the festival.  Now, this was about 11 or 11:30 and we left the festival at about 1:30pm.  Then we went to my niece's baby shower and finally made it home about 4:30pm.  I told Amanda that if the cake melted we could always eat it with a spoon.

Went home, rested a bit and back to Amanda's at 5:15pm to be where ever at 6:00.  So we take off and finally arrive at our destination, Fontanella's.  I have only been there one other time and wasn't that impressed but they have changed owners and it is now Italian so I was very excited to try it out.

Walked in the door and who do I see, sitting there waiting for me.

My girls, not all of them but, standing behind me are my daughters Amanda and Teresa and my daughter in law, Christy.  Sitting beside me is my youngest granddaughter Abby.  My other two granddaughters, Lauren and Kaitlin, had to work.  What a wonderful surprise.  A girls night out and a celebration.  The food was fantastic and I even had a glass of wine.  I also received presents!

A beautiful Pandora bracelet and charms from each one.  They actually made me cry and I felt so special.  A night I will always remember.

Then we had that beautiful cake and let me tell ya', it was delicious.  I had the best time ever and will always cherish the time and effort that the girls put into making me feel special on my 60th birthday.  I am truly blessed with a wonderful and loving family and I thank God everyday for each and everyone.




3 comments:

Jackie said...

Happy Birthday! I don't like surprises but I LOVE the surprise your girls gave you. You have a beautiful family!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Happy Birthday. I am glad you were spoiled. It is a wonderful milestone... just got there myself. Love Pandora jewelry. How special. I wish you everything wonderful for the upcoming year.

desertskyquilts said...

You are an amazingly young looking 60! It sounds like you had a wonderful time, and it made the day special. You're right. To mark 6 decades, it should be special!