Thursday, October 31, 2013

Mosaic Art

Have you ever tried anything like mosaic art?  I made table top one time using my grandmothers old dishes.  You know I work with oils on canvas and I also work with mixed media.  I've had this canvas of the "Creation", sitting in my studio for about a year now.  Every time I tried to work on it I just didn't have a good feeling about it.  One day, I was working on a journal page and it hit me, turn it into a mosaic piece.


I pulled out a few of my old art magazines, tore out pages of artwork and started cutting them into small pieces.  I am using a medium matte gel by Liquitex to adhere the pieces to the canvas.  After it's finished I will use a sealer over it, I just haven't decided what type yet.  I've got to cut some pieces to get the shading of the arms and hands and then add darker shades on the bottom.  I think I'll put them in some snack bags to keep it all organized.  Stay tuned for future posts.

No comments: