Monday, November 4, 2013

Walking the Path

Today I want to share a page from my art journal, but first I must tell you about this new site I have found and I don't even remember how I got there.  I feel it had to be from someones blog and I'm sorry I can't give the proper credit.  Anyway, the site is Real Stories, Real Life, Real Faith.  It is handled by Michelle DeRusha who is a Christian writer.  She has a weekly post titled "Hear it on Sunday, Say it on Monday."

Today is my first time sharing this and honestly I'm a little nervous about it.  Why?  Because I am normally a private person when it comes to my faith.  I mean, I go to church, bible study and attend the normal functions that our church has or even other churches may have.  I just don't write about it, until today.  I feel that I have been lead to her page and lead to share my feelings and words of faith.  I don't know where this will lead me, but it's a path I feel I must take.


My pastor mentioned this passage from Psalm 1: 1-3.  David is talking about the delight of following the Lord and it resonated with me.  We all struggle with things that come up during the day.  Someone says something and the next thing you know, there's an argument or resentment, hurt feelings, etc.  I just had to deal with a situation like that not long ago.  Words were said and my feelings were hurt but I walked away.  As it continued to bother me, I stopped and called a dear friend that I knew would give me the guidance I needed based on the situation.  As we talked I came to understand that I can't let words of others be my way of life.  I know this, I've known this my whole life, I've told others this but yet it still happens.  That's when I forget that I alone can't handle everything. Never forget about God.

Thank you Michelle for sharing your thoughts and allowing others to do the same. My prayer today is that I will always delight in the words of the Lord and He will lead me down the path I need to follow.  Have a blessed day!

Linked with Hear it on Sunday

No comments: