Saturday, January 25, 2014

Grow Your Blog

Hey, I sure hope everyone is staying as safe and warm as possible.  My wind chimes are really singing the blues due to this cold weather and wind.  I have joined in with Grow Your Blog and hope to meet some new blogging friends.

I recently signed up for a new block of the month class on Craftsy.com and just had to have the fabric.  I mean, just look at it, so bright and cheery, how could I resist.

I can't wait to get them washed, pressed and ready to go.  This just adds another quilt to the long list of projects I have in the works but that's okay.  I like moving from one thing to another.

I'm still working on this oil painting for our church.  It seems like every time I start working on it I have these conversations with Jesus and Mary about how it looks and what how I should add this or fix that.  It's just another way of staying close to God during the process.


Last but not least, I just finished my new art journal.  I am proud to say I made paper beads to use and I'm very happy with how they turned out.  Now all I need to do is start filling the pages with my mixed media art work.



  Thanks for stopping by and I hope you leave a comment.  Have a blessed day!

14 comments:

Melody said...

You are so talented with all you do. I look forward to seeing your quilt grow.

barbara woods said...

good to meet you, i quilt to, now following you

Donna Heber said...

Hi Kathleen,

I'm visiting from the Grow Your Blog party. It is nice to meet you. Your art journal is very pretty. I plan to look around a bit more and then be on my way to visit the others. I do hope you will stop by for a visit and enter my giveaway. Have a wonderful weekend! Hugs – Donna

Vicky Myers said...

You look like you have some great projects on the go:) Stopping by from Grow Your Blog, enjoying visiting lots of new to me blogs:) Vicky

Sowing Stitches said...

I snooped around your blog abit....I like the sound of the Paint Around! I am going to use this lesson with my students!

cmoh said...

Wow you are a woman of many talents. Quilting and painting and mixed media! It is all lovely. Good luck with your class, it sounds like fun. So nice to meet you.

Hugs
Caroline

Beth said...

I found you after you visited my blog from the GYB party. Your work is beautiful. And your studio!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like a lovely space to work in.

Tisha Dolton said...

Thanks for sharing your blog. I'm still working through all the blogs from GYB. A little over 1/3 of the way through. Please feel free to visit my embroidery blog. (I'm in the 1st set on the list.)

aprilsongstress

macmillanmarie said...

good to meet you here - it has been such fun visiting so many people on this hop. Your work is beautiful - I have had a very good time visiting. Thank you!

Diana Petrillo said...

Hi Kathleen--thanks so much for stopping by to visit me via the GYBP :) You said some very kind and encouraging things--thank you. I'm going to poke around your blog and see your projects. You are entered in my drawing (here's hoping!), and I'm your newest follower! Blessings, Diana

Diana Petrillo said...

Ooh--you're so talented--love the painting of Jesus you're working on. Such a lot of work!

Diana Petrillo said...

Ooh--you're so talented--love the painting of Jesus you're working on. Such a lot of work!

judith said...

hope you get all your crafts done. The Lord has a way of drawing us to him that is for sure.

judith said...

The Lord has a way of drawing us to Him. Lovely work in progress. Will be back to see how things work out. Happy blogging