Friday, May 9, 2014

Bead Weaving

You know, every year I try to learn something new.  This year it's bead weaving!  I think I'm addicted and it all started with this brooch.

 This pin belonged to my Grandmother. It is stamped on the back edge J Coro and across the pin Coro.  After a little research I found out those stamps were used after 1920 and my grandmother was born December 1900.  My daughter, Amanda, took some jewelry pieces, which included the brooch, to her friend Megan, and she created this piece.

 I love it!  I wore it to church one Sunday and received several compliments on it.  Many thanks go to Amanda for being so thoughtful and Megan for being so talented.

When Amanda gave this to me I thought of all the beads I had sitting in containers just waiting for something to be done with them.  I started looking through You Tube and found several channels about making jewelry.  That started the journey and I will show you what I have done in the next post.  Stay tuned.

No comments: