Monday, May 12, 2014

Beaded Bracelets

Okay, the other day I told you about my jewelry so today I'm showing you what I've done so far.  Back in March I found a couple of bead shops in Nashville.  That was a fun day, looking at all the beads.  I have beads but I needed thread and needles.  This is my first hand beaded bracelet.

I found the pattern on Beadshop.Com.  They have a great video channel and some patterns are free to print from their website.  I watched their videos and decided I wanted to try a different style.  More shopping! Came home, set up my Ipad so I could watch and work at the same time.  Came up with these bracelets.




They're not bad for first time weaving without a loom.  I will eventually redo the multi-colored ones because my tension is off.  Right now they are okay.  Then I went to a beading class where you use a Ricks Beading Loom with no warp threads when you are finish.  It was a little difficult in the beginning but I came home with this bracelet.




 Of course I came home with the loom and this is what I'm working on now.  I have a piece of black set under the threads so the pattern will show.  The loom is all wood construction.  If you're into beading, check out the websites I have linked, you might find something you like.

No comments: