Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mothers Day

Lately I've been dreaming about my mother and in those dreams I don't see her as she was when she died.  I see her young and vibrant like she was when I was little.  Mother loved to swim and she would take us to the local pool during the summer.  She had, what I thought at the time, some special way of floating on her back. I would hold her toes and she would pull me all around the pool.  I can see her now, just laughing and having a ball.  Those were good times.

Mother has been gone now for 2 years and there are days I still wake up thinking I need to visit mom today. Well, in a way, I do visit mom and it's not just in my dreams.  My visits come through my thoughts during the day.  They come through something said during a conversation and especially looking and talking to my daughter.  She spent so many years around mom that she picked up a lot of her traits that I am beginning to see as Amanda gets older.  When mom passed, she left her flame of life here on earth and that flame continues in her family that remains and it will continue until we are gone.


For Mom
"If I had a single flower for every time I think about you,
I could walk forever in my garden."
Written by Claudia Grandi 

No comments: