Wednesday, May 7, 2014

`Winter Barn

I realize that I have been neglectful of my blogging lately.  There are times that I just don't want to fool with it and there are times my computer doesn't work well and I get frustrated.  Where I live we don't have cable so we use Hughes Net and I still have Windows 7.  The service is okay when the weather is good, but when it's winter you can almost forget working on something like loading pictures or viewing videos.

Anyway, that doesn't have a thing to do with the title of the post, but this does.

"Winter Barn"
This is an original that I did back in the winter.  I took the photo a few years ago and promised Ricky I would do a painting of it.  I was taking a break on the Crucifixion painting and worked on this one.  

Here is the photo that I used as a reference.  I was standing on the carport when this was taken.  I loved the was the red stood out among all the snow and the white fence.  I wanted the painting to have a dimensional look so I used a palette knife to add white paint on the roof, fence posts, tree limbs and ground.   

No comments: