Friday, June 27, 2014

Dear Jane Quilt

I can't remember how long it has been since I started My Dear Jane quilt and that's sad.  The good news is that I'm still plugging away on it.  It may be 6 months to a year but I still go back to it and work on a few blocks.  They have started up the Jane Stickle quilt Yahoo group again where they list a block challenge each week.  I completed one today.  It's supposed to be appliqued but I took the short cut.  I'm not that crazy about applique.

 This is the pattern for block M7 Junko's Garden.

 I traced it onto fusible all in one piece and very carefully cut it out.

 I very carefully pulled the backing away and

lined it up and pressed it down.  
Now you tell me, would you have the patience's to try and applique those little pieces?
Not me.  I may add a stabilizer to the back and stitch around it at a later time but right now it's one more block completed.

No comments: