Monday, October 13, 2014

Learning Curve

My old desktop finally gave up.  I had worked with it for years and it became impossible to do anything with.  I moved it out of my studio and stopped all blogging.
Actually, I have stopped almost everything.  My husband had an accident that injured his spinal cord and the majority of my time has been spent taking care of him.  He is steadily improving and is now able to be left alone so I am slowly making my way back out to my studio to have a little play time.

Saturday we decided to update our wi-fi router and I purchased a new laptop.  I finally got the router set   up yesterday afternoon and I will now be able to have the same access to the internet in my studio that I do in my house.  THIS MAKES ME VERY HAPPY!!!!!!!!

This morning I am trying to learn as much as I can about this new laptop.  It has windows 8 and tiles, which I am not familiar with.  I do have an Ipad but using the tiles on a laptop is new to me.  I'm from the old school and it is definitely a learning  curve.  I hope to be up and running soon so I can get back into the swing of posting again as well as reading the blogs that I follow.  I have missed being in touch with everyone and being able to make comments on your posts.  If you have any advice or tips about the HP Envy Touchsmart and Windows 8 I would welcome your comments.

Thanks and have a great day!

2 comments:

barbara woods said...

i have 8.1 and after a lot of work , love it

Jackie said...

So sorry to hear about your husbands accident. Glad to hear he is doing better. I hope his long term prognosis is good.

I am a Mac user so no help with windows 8. Learning curves can be frustrating. When I moved to a Mac I experienced a big one and finally setting a goal of learning one thing a day. Just one. Took a lot if the frustration out!