Monday, April 27, 2015

Irish Chain Quilt

I have always wanted to make an Irish Chain quilt.  I found a pattern in one of my old books and started it last year.  Lately, I have been working on the 9 patch blocks.

 I have 400 of the pieces to make and I'm up to 250.  This past week I worked on a few strips and twice, not once, but twice, I sewed the strips together wrong.


 The center cream color is supposed to be horizontal so it will match the solid squares in the block, but I sewed them vertical.  These pieces are 1.5" strips that are pieced together and I have used
the seam ripper to take one strip apart and put the pieces in my scraps so I won't pick them up again.  At least I only made 2 strip sets.  I would have been devastated if I had made a bunch.  I think I will have to go back to that old rule, measure twice, and in my case, maybe three times before I cut.

This is the finished block and I need 41 for the queen size I am making.  I have all the other pieces cut and ready to assemble.  I need the quilt gods to send down prayers that I finally get it right.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I'm looking forward to seeing more of your Irish Chain! I have a version of one on my to do list.